Erasmus+ KA2 project Upskill Professional
FOR Sustainable renovation plans of CONCRETE buildings
Project Number: 2020-1FR01-KA2020-079810
Duration of the project: October 2020 - May 2023
Content of the project:
Residential building construction boomed in many European countries during the post-war period as a consequence of the bombing and building destruction of the Second World War. All over Europe, this wave called for new constructive processes and the massive use of concrete.
These constructions, some of which are almost 70 years old, suffer from deterioration and meet standards which are outdated and now require rehabilitation works which concern not only the structure itself but also everything related to the comfort of use and energy efficiency and which require a global approach of the real estate. Pathologies of such buildings, as for instance, insufficient sound insulation, poor thermal insulation, humidity problems, can generate energy poverty for the dwellers (with very high expenses linked to energy consumption) and serious health problems.
Consequently, their rehabilitation is a key challenge and a specific approach has to be developed to match the needs identified.
Our main goal is to:
- raise awareness on the fact that a specific approach is required regarding concrete buildings if we consider the pending risks related to a bad renovation plan (social, economical, health-related).
- develop updated CVET and IVET training resources in order to meet the new training needs and thus offer a pathway more suitable to the demand to support professionals and future professionals in their activity, enable them to provide the customer with an appropriate renovation proposal in line with EE requirements and the improvement of living conditions (cost-cutting, health).
- design a methodology to provide each professional with tailor-made support (through practical materials and tools for the analysis of a building).
- train professionals and future professionals so that they are able to implement a global approach : technical and also human/social-oriented while devising a renovation plan.
The results expected to be achieved are:
- a greater relevance of the training system to the needs and opportunities of the community so that businesses can provide a professional service tailored to the needs of customers (with skilled labour force).
- a strengthening of the links between training and education systems and the socio-economical environment as well as local and regional authorities.
- a more strategic use of ICT and Open Educational Ressources in training system with an innovative approach (a comprehensive approach of the building)
For these purposes, the partnership will develop a coherent set of tools and materials among which a report (about existing curricula and gaps to be filled in), a curriculum dedicated to the renovation of concrete buildings, case studies and a guide to support professionals in the implementation of the methodology, coming with a mobile app, and finally a training the trainers session to foster the transfer of skills
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission under the Erasmus+ Programme.
The European Commission's support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents, which reflect the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.